For the fourth year, Excellence in Supplier Diversity Awards will be given out at the 17th Annual Great Lakes Women’s Business Conference on Wednesday, September 27 at Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI. The Great Lakes WBC provides nationally recognized women’s business enterprise certification to businesses that are at least 51% owned, controlled, operated and independent by a woman or women. WBEC-Great Lakes currently has 1,000 certified women business owners in Michigan and Indiana and nearly 100 corporate members that have a commitment to do business with women business owners.
The Excellence in Supplier Diversity Recognition Program was designed to identify and recognize those corporations that have outstanding supplier diversity programs which result in the inclusion of certified women business owners in their supply chain. While women business owners represent 1/3 of all businesses in this country, they only receive 2 – 3% of corporate and government contract opportunities. Nineteen of our corporate members will be recognized for their support and commitment to inclusion based on leadership involvement in supplier diversity, spend with women business owners, capacity building/mentoring activities with women business owners, alignment with corporate strategy, integration of supplier diversity in communication plans and advocacy of women owned businesses.
“They understand that women make 80% of the consumer decisions and influence the other 20%. It is a business imperative, not a social responsibility” states Michelle Richards, Executive Director, Great Lakes Women’s Business Council
Best in Class
Corporations that have excelled in all major categories surveyed including WBE spend, WBE capacity building, and advocacy for women-owned businesses.
Corporations that have documented a strong commitment to WBE advocacy, capacity building and contracting. Corporation is a leader among peers.
Corporations that have demonstrated an increasing commitment to advancing capacity building and contracting opportunities for WBEs.
|Best In Class||Advanced||Emerging|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield||Anthem||Adient|
|Comerica Bank||Henry Ford Health System||Barton Malow|
|DTE Energy||Consumers Energy|
|Fiat Chrysler Automobiles||DFM Solutions|
|Ford Motor Company||International Automotive Solutions|
|General Motors||Strategic Staffing Solutions|
Through Great Lakes WBC, corporations and government purchasing programs are helping to bridge the gap in contracting activities between women business owners and corporate & government buyers.
What: Excellence in Supplier Diversity Awards at the Great Lakes Women’s Business Conference
When: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Where: Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Ave., Novi, MI 48374
Time: 12:15 – 2:00 p.m.
For more information, visit http://www.greatlakeswbc.org
About the Great Lakes Women’s Business Council
Founded in 1984, Great Lakes Women’s Business Council (Great Lakes WBC), a Michigan-based nonprofit organization, is a champion for women, minority and small business owners and provides access to capital and corporate procurement opportunities, certification for women-owned business enterprises and small business educational support. Great Lakes WBC represents more than 1,000 WBENC-certified women’s business enterprises generating approximately $11.6 billion in annual revenue and employing 41,500 U.S. workers, as well as 94 corporate partners in a diverse range of industry sectors. For more information, visit greatlakeswbc.org
Robin Kinnie, Communications Manager